Microsoft Theater is dedicated to providing a memorable and safe guest experience. This A-Z Guide provides general information and policies that will apply to you while attending our events.
Those who violate any of our policies will be subject to security investigation, which may lead to ejection from the venue. Additionally, Microsoft Theater management reserves the right to suspend ticket privileges for guests who do not comply with these event policies.
Please visit our Accessibility Guide for information regarding accessibility.
Microsoft Theater is located at 777 Chick Hearn Court, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
Microsoft Theater is easily accessible from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, CA (BUR). Please visit our Getting Here page for directions to Microsoft Theater as well as Public Transportation information.
For safety, and as a courtesy to other guests, aisles must be kept clear at all times. Follow the directions of the usher in your section to your assigned ticketed seat and refrain from standing and/or dancing in the aisles.
Alcohol Serving and Consumption
Microsoft Theater and its food and beverage concessionaires have adopted an alcohol policy that is designed to protect guests and the community from alcohol-related incidents. In addition to our responsible alcohol service guidelines below, Microsoft Theater offers a Designated Driver Program at most events.
Guests are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcoholic beverages. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to be in possession of or consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- Microsoft Theater reserves the right to deny entry to anyone displaying visible signs of impairment and/or intoxication.
- There is a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages sold to each guest, per purchase, per valid ID.
- Alcohol beverages are not served in containers larger than 24 ounces.
- All Guests who appear to be younger than the age of thirty-five (35) will be asked to show positive identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages. Acceptable forms of valid United States identification are: State Issued Driver's License, Passport, United States Passport Card, State Issued I.D. Card w/ Photo, Military I.D. w/ Photo and Mexican Consular Card. All other forms of identification are not accepted.
- Microsoft Theater reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of twenty-one (21) who is observed to be in possession of, or consuming alcohol on the premises or who appears to be visibly impaired. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
- Microsoft Theater and its food and beverage concessionaires conduct ongoing responsible alcohol management training sessions for its serving staff.
- At most events, the service of alcohol will stop 30 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Guests must discard alcoholic beverages prior to exiting Microsoft Theater.
Animals or pets of any kind are prohibited in Microsoft Theater with the exception of trained service animals and service animals in training for guests with disabilities. Service animals are welcome inside the venue but must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. Service animals will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability, rather than in the aisle. Guests may take their service animal out the venue to relieve itself but must speak to a Guest Services Supervisor prior to leaving the venue. A guest unable to control or whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of other Microsoft Theater guests and staff may be asked to escort the animal off the premises.
Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
Microsoft Theater is equipped with Assistive Listening Devices (ALD). Receivers are available for most events and are provided free of charge with a valid form of identification from the Guest Services Center located on the Lounge level.
Please visit our Accessibility Guide for more information.
There are two Wells Fargo ATM locations at Microsoft Theater:
- Outside the venue at the Main Entry Doors (right side)
- Inside of the Orchestra Lobby (left side of the lobby)
Microsoft Theater is a fully cashless venue.
Baby Changing Tables
Baby changing tables are located throughout Microsoft Theater on all levels in both male and female restrooms. A Family/All Gender Restroom is available in the Lounge Level.
Guests who are seeking access Backstage, or on the Stage, may only do so with the proper credential. Guests who attempt to access and/or are found to be in these locations without proper credentials will be subject to ejection and/or arrest.
Bags and purses of any size are not permitted, including backpacks, clutches, totes, clear bags, and camera bags. Only bring necessary items that fit in your pocket. Wallets without chains/straps are allowed.
Guests are welcome to bring their personal binoculars for most events at Microsoft Theater. Keep in mind that bags and purses of any size are not permitted, including backpacks, clutches, totes, clear bags and camera bags.
Book an Event
Microsoft Theater’s Booking Department can assist in planning and hosting private events. For more information, please visit our Book An Event page.
Guests are welcome to bring their personal booster seats for most events at Microsoft Theater.
Bags and purses of any size are not permitted, including backpacks, clutches, totes, clear bags, and camera bags.
Non-professional, non-flash still photography is permitted at most events (disposable, instant, digital, or 35mm cameras with no interchangeable or telephoto lens). However, for some events, at the request of the artist/performer, cameras of any type may be prohibited. Video recording devices, audio recording devices, GoPro cameras, monopods, selfie sticks, tripods, and cameras with telephoto or interchangeable lenses (professional photography equipment) are not permitted inside Microsoft Theater at any time. Video recording on any device and/or flash photography is prohibited at all times. This policy will be strictly enforced, and management reserves the right to deny any electronic device at their discretion.
Bags and purses of any size are not permitted, including backpacks, clutches, totes, clear bags, and camera bags.
If a Microsoft Theater event is cancelled or postponed, please visit the specific event page or contact Guest Services for more information.
Please visit our Accessibility Guide for more information.
Microsoft Theater is a fully cashless venue that only accepts debit card, credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay for a contactless and speedy check out. “Cash to Card” converting kiosks are located within the venue.
For most events, children who have reached their 3rd birthday will require a ticket to enter Microsoft Theater and must occupy their ticketed seat only. Please note that some shows (especially those intended for children) will have a different age policy. For most children’s shows, children who have reached their 1st birthday will require a ticket. Please see the specific event page or Contact Guest Services for further information.
Microsoft Theater does not provide an area to check coats or personal belongings including luggage and suitcases. Bags and purses of any size are not permitted, including backpacks, clutches, totes, clear bags, and camera bags.
Microsoft Theater is not responsible for any property that is lost, stolen, or damaged.
Code of Conduct
Microsoft Theater is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Guests are expected to follow the below guidelines and should expect an environment where:
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- Guests agree to follow the venue’s health and safety policies, as well as all applicable Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, local state and federal orders, regulations and ordinances pertaining to health and safety at all times while at the venue. Health and safety policies may be posted throughout the venue and on tickets.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner. Management reserves the right to deny entry into the venue and/or refuse service to guests displaying visible signs of impairment/intoxication.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats. Guests must possess a valid ticket and/or credential at all times and provide it when requested.
- Guests are permitted to sit or stand during an event, provided that they are only occupying the area in front of their ticketed seat. Standing in aisles, and/or on chairs is strictly prohibited.
- Guests who engage in disruptive behavior (including foul/abusive language or obscene gestures), fighting, throwing objects, or attempting to enter the stage or backstage areas will be immediately ejected from the venue without refund or reimbursement.
- Any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing will not be permitted.
- Guests will not smoke in or around the venue. Microsoft Theater, STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE are non-smoking facilities.
- Microsoft Theater is not responsible for any unattended, lost, or stolen items.
- Guests will comply with all requests from venue staff members regarding Microsoft Theater’s operations and emergency response procedures.
- Guests are responsible for their own good time and are expected to report any incident, concern, or inappropriate behavior to venue personnel as soon as possible.
- Guests will be able to communicate instantly and directly with Microsoft Theater’s Guest Services if they have questions, assistance is needed or to report an unruly guest, a spill in their section, or any issues and concerns. Text the issue and location to 213-616-9986. *MSG & Data rates may apply.
Microsoft Theater staff members are trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and may also be in violation of city ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution. If you feel that our staff does not address any issues to your satisfaction, please request to speak with a Supervisor or Manager immediately. Venue management reserves the right to approve, adjust, or enforce any policy at their discretion.
Thank you for understanding and adhering to all venue policies and our Guest Code of Conduct.
Compliments, Comments, Concerns
During an event, guests are recommended to express any compliments, comments, or concerns at our Guest Services Center, located in The Lounge level. Guests are also encouraged to use our 24/7 Software system by texting the word MICROSOFT with the issue and location to 69050. *MSG & Data rates may apply.
After an event, please contact Guest Services to provide feedback.
Contact: Compliments, Comments Concerns
Microsoft Theater Guest Services welcomes all feedback, questions, and concerns from our guests. To contact us via email, please visit Guest Services. Most emails will receive a return reply within two-three business days.
During an event, guests are recommended to express any compliments, comments, or concerns at our Guest Services Center, located in The Lounge level. Guests are also encouraged to use our Assistance Needed text communication by texting the issue and location to 213-616-9986. *MSG & Data rates may apply.
Please visit our Directions page.
All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss. Disturbances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Standing on chairs
- Placing children on shoulders
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- "Mooning" or exposing private body parts
- Interference with or delay of the event
- Violation of Microsoft Theater's event policies
- Violation of the local, state, and federal laws and statutes
- Igniting and display of flames, i.e. lighters/matches in the facility
- Attempting to enter the stage or backstage areas without permission
- Throwing, discharging, or launching any liquid substance or object
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another guest or Team Member with loud and unreasonable noise
- Using profanity and/or offensive words, which are likely to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Taunting or using offensive language against the performers, guests and/or staff.
Door opening times for Microsoft Theater events will vary according to each event. Please visit the specific event page for details.
All guests in attendance are required to wear a shirt, shorts/pants/skirt, and shoes at all times for their own safety. Microsoft Theater management reserves the right to deny entry or remove any guest wearing attire that we consider inappropriate. Costumes, props, full face masks and face paint are not allowed.
Ear Plugs/Noise Cancelling Devices
Guests are welcome to bring their own earplugs and/or noise-canceling devices into Microsoft Theater. Complimentary earplugs are also offered in our Guest Services Center located on the Lounge Level.
Microsoft Theater is a smoke-free venue. Electronic cigarettes are not permitted in the venue at any time.
Microsoft Theater continually works with the Los Angeles Fire Department, the Los Angeles Police Department, and other agencies in the development of specific Emergency Procedures Plans for each event. Microsoft Theater's goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere by using installed automated security systems and appropriate security operating plans. Trained Guest Services and Security personnel will ensure the security and safety of all guests, performers, and employees at Microsoft Theater. In the case of an emergency, guests must comply with requests from venue staff regarding Microsoft Theater’s operations and emergency response procedures.
Main Entrances are available to all ticketed guests, and are in the following locations:
- Main Doors: Next to the Box Office facing the XBOX Plaza
- North Doors: North side of Microsoft Theater facing the JW Marriott
- South Doors: South side of Microsoft Theater facing STAPLES Center
Our Valet Entrance is available exclusively to our Luxury Box holders and it is located in the East Garage, P1 level. The East Garage is located at the corner of Olympic and Francisco Street.
Our VIP Lounge Entrance is available exclusively to VIP guests. The VIP Lounge Entrance is located at the corner of Georgia St. and West Road.
Our VIP Experience Entrance is located at the Main Doors (Main Door 4) facing the XBOX Plaza.
Family Restroom/All Gender Restroom
A Family/All Gender Restroom is located in the Lounge Level.
Trained Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) personnel are available to assist any guest in need at every Microsoft Theater event. The First Aid office is located on the Lounge level of the theater. In addition, Microsoft Theater is equipped with Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) located in various locations throughout the facility. Designated staff, including our EMT staff, have been properly trained and certified to use the AED. In the event of a medical emergency, contact a member of our Guest Services or Security staff for assistance.
The distribution of promotional items, flyers, or printed materials is not permitted without written permission of Microsoft Theater and/or its tenants. The sampling and distribution of products is prohibited.
Food and Drinks
Microsoft Theater offers a wide variety of food and beverage items for our guests' enjoyment. Please see our Concession Guide for more information.
Guests may not bring outside food and/or beverage items into the venue during events. The only exception is unopened plastic water bottles, one liter or smaller (on per guests). Glass bottles or metal cans are strictly prohibited. Gust must dispose of unauthorized items prior to entrance into the venue or return them to their vehicle. Guest Services will not check-in or store any food or beverage items. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should see our Concessions Guide for details or contact Guest Services to discuss food options available.
General Admission (GA) Pit
The General Admission area, located in the Pit area, is standing room only and there are no seats. Guests with GA PIT tickets must enter the South Doors Entrance located on the corner of Chick Hearn Ct. (11th St.) and Georgia St. Guests wishing to arrive early are encouraged to line-up no earlier than 10:00am. Doors will open at the same time for all guests. After entering the venue, all guests with GA PIT tickets will receive a credential to access the Pit. Please see the specific event page or contact Guest Services for further information.
For information regarding Group Sales Ticketing please visit our Group Ticketing page.
Guest Services Center
Microsoft Theater Guest Services Center is located on the Lounge level and is designed to provide information to guests with questions, concerns, or issues during Microsoft Theater events. Guests are also encouraged to reach Guest Services directly by texting 213-616-9986. *MSG & Data rates may apply. In addition, the Guest Services Center provides assistance to guests with disabilities (see our Accessibility Guide).
For information on hotels at L.A. LIVE, please see www.lalive.com/stay.
Guests may contact the nearest Guest Services or Security Team Member if there is a spill or Housekeeping concern during an event; however, guests are encouraged to text our Guest Services Assistance Needed line by texting your issue and location to 213-616-9986. *MSG & Data rates may apply.
Microsoft Theater reserves the right to deny entry to intoxicated guests. Any intoxicated guests causing a disturbance during an event will be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to arrest.
For information regarding entertainment and restaurant options at L.A. LIVE, please visit lalive.com.
Laptops and Tablets
Laptops, any type of personal computers, and tablets (i.e. iPads, TouchPads, etc.) will not be permitted inside Microsoft Theater.
Levels of Microsoft Theater
Microsoft Theater has four levels:
- Lounge (Basement Level)
- Orchestra (Street Level) – Pit/Orchestra Level Tickets
- Loge – Loge/Loge Box Level Tickets
- Mezzanine – Mezzanine/Mezzanine Box Level Tickets
Lost/Found Children or Guests
Lost/found children or guests should be directed to our Guest Services Center, located on the Lounge Level. Parents looking for a lost child should contact the nearest Usher or Security Officer. For safety reasons, Microsoft Theater is unable to make in-house announcements for lost children or guests.
Lost and Found
Microsoft Theater management assumes no responsibility for items lost at events. All lost and found items are taken to our Guest Services Center during events, located on the Lounge Level. During an event, guests are encouraged to reach Guest Services directly to inquire about lost items by texting 213-616-9986. *MSG & Data rates may apply. After an event, please contact Guest Services with a description of the item and the date the item was lost. All unclaimed found items will be discarded and/or donated 30 days after they are found. Credit cards will be destroyed 24 hours after they are found.
For lost tickets, guests must contact their point of purchase. For stolen tickets, guests should contact local law enforcement first, then their point of purchase. For more information, please contact the Microsoft Theater at (213) 763-6020.
For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, masks or full-face paint may not be worn while in attendance of any Microsoft Theater event.
Meet and Greets
Microsoft Theater does not process meet and greet requests. Please contact the artist through their website.
Microsoft Theater accepts and scans tickets off mobile device if they are within the AXS mobile application. Electronic and printed screenshots of tickets will not be accpeted. For additional information regarding mobile tickets, please visit the Box Office page.
Stay connected! For pre-sale notices, event information and contests, please sign up for the Microsoft Theater Newsletter.
Digital parking passes must be presented at the gate to gain entry. Confirmations, receipts, and screenshots on your phone will not be accepted for entry.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all Microsoft Theater events and is subject to change. Please contact Guest Services for specific policies/information.
- Backpacks and bags of any size
- Weapons of any kind (guns, knives, pepper spray/mace) any object that can be used to inflict bodily injury or disrupt the event, chemical dispensing devices
- Outside Food, beverage, alcohol, cans, bottles, flasks, coolers, drugs, illegal substances, matches/lighters
- Pamphlets, product samples
- Strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, beach balls
- Laptop/Tablet computers, 2-way radios, laser pointers, flashlights
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles, bells
- Professional photography equipment (detachable/interchangeable lenses), audio/video recording devices (GoPros), tripods, monopods (selfie sticks)
- Recording Devices: audio or video
- Signs/Flags/Banners/Posters: may not be larger than 11" x 17" or attached to a pole/stick
Audio and video recording devices are prohibited from Microsoft Theater for all events. These devices include but are not limited to, video cameras/camcorders, tablet computers, and audio recording devices. In addition, video/audio recording on permitted devices (i.e. smartphones) is prohibited.
Guests who need to leave the venue and return must first make contact with a Guest Services Team Member to have their ticket scanned so that they can re-enter with a valid ticket. Upon return, guests repeat the security screening and ticket scanning process to re-enter the venue.
Please leave all personal belongings securely in your home or hotel room. For your convenience, rental lockers are available outside of the venue on a first-come, first-serve basis. Rental prices and locations may change per event. Microsoft Theater does not assume any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items.
All restrooms facilities at Microsoft Theater are wheelchair accessible. In addition, a Family/All Gender restroom is available on the Lounge level of Microsoft Theater.
Microsoft Theater holds 7,100 seats however, seating capacities vary depending on the set-up of the event.
Security Entry Inspection
For safety purposes, all guests entering Microsoft Theater are subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by Microsoft Theater Security personnel. Microsoft Theater reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other guests, or which are in violation of the Code of Conduct and/or prohibited items. Any guest who declines to be searched may be denied entry or ejected from Microsoft Theater.
See Something Say Something
The If You See Something, Say Something™ campaign is a simple and effective program to engage the public and key frontline employees in identifying and reporting indicators of terrorism, crime and other threats to the proper transportation and law enforcement authorities.
If you see something, say something! To report suspicious activity, see your nearest Usher or Security Officer, call 1-877-A-THREAT (1-877-284-7328), or visit https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something to view more campaign details.
Sign Language Interpreters
Microsoft Theater is pleased to provide signed performances for our hearing-impaired guests for select concert events. Interpretation services are not guaranteed for every event; however, we will make every effort to accommodate each request with appropriate advance notice, at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. Please visit our Accessibility Guide for more information.
Unless otherwise specified by the event officials/management, Microsoft Theater welcomes guests bringing small signs, banners, posters and flags inside the building to show fan support during events. The following guidelines relate to these items:
- Item must be related to the event
- Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
- Item may not be larger than 11" x 17" in dimension
- Item may not obstruct any sponsors/advertiser’s signage
- Item may not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the building
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Microsoft Theater management
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by Microsoft Theater management
Microsoft Theater is a smoke-free venue. Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) and the use of tobacco products is not permitted in the venue (including outside patios). XBOX Plaza, outside of Microsoft Theater, is also designated as a non-smoking area by L.A. LIVE Management.
Guests are allowed to stand during an event, provided that they are only occupying the area in front of their ticketed seat. Standing in aisles, chairs or rails is strictly prohibited.
Guests are encouraged to leave strollers in their vehicles prior to arrival at Microsoft Theater. Strollers are not permitted in the seating sections of the theater.
Microsoft Theater has teamed with 24/7 Software texting service to provide guests with an in-show texting service. This service allows for guests who have questions or issues to text Guest Services directly, anonymously and discretely without having to leave the comfort of their seat. Guests may text their location, question and/or issue to 213-616-9986.
Participation in our service is free of charge but standard carrier text messaging & data charges will apply. Text STOP, END, QUIT, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, STOPALL to 213-616-9986 to be removed from any list and end subscription to the service.
To avoid problems with counterfeit, stolen or voided tickets, guests should make ticket purchases through authorized outlets only. Microsoft Theater assumes no responsibility for tickets which are not purchased through our Box Office or AXS.
The resale of tickets ("scalping") is against the law and will not be permitted in and around the property of Microsoft Theater. Violators will be reported to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Los Angeles Municipal Code SEC. 42.03 states: "No person in or upon any public street, sidewalk, or other public place shall sell or re-sell or offer to sell or re-sell any ticket of admission to a place of public assemblage. No person in or upon any place which is open to the public shall sell or re-sell or offer to sell or re-sell any ticket of admission to a place of public assemblage."
Please visit the Box Office page for information on purchasing tickets.
Microsoft Theater hosts numerous concerts, award shows, and special events year-round. Due to our event schedule, we are unable to offer tours of the building.
Contactless water/drinking fountains are located throughout Microsoft Theater in the following locations:
- South Pit Access
- North Pit Access
- Lounge Lobby
- Mezzanine Lobby
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the theater. Microsoft Theater does not provide weapon lockers and will not check in weapons at Guest Services. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the theater or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the theater and may be subject to arrest. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
Guest Services provides complimentary wheelchair escorts. Please visit our Accessibility Guide for more information.
Guests can connect to our free WiFi presented by turning on WiFi on their wireless devices and selecting "MicrosoftTheaterWiFi" from the list of available networks.
Please visit our Box Office page for specific information on Will Call procedures.